Having posted a review on how I successfully imported my Tumblr account into Word Press, using the instructions here - I went the next step and actually tried to get the posts displayed.
I dutifully edited the “Draft” setting and bingo – the archived posts started to appear. Encouragefd, I started to bring across the images and resources that I have loaded into Tumblr. BANG!! a corrupted WordPress Table.
Not deterrred, I fired up phpAdmin, to manually edit the tables as recommended here, but that only suceeded in making the problem worse.
Time to cut some losses. As the new post count was essentialy (1) ie this post, I deleted and reinstalled the base WordPress. Grabbed the theme and added my favourite plugins (Google XML site map, Mobile Pack, WP > Twitter) and off I go again.
What this has shown to me, is that if I am going to use a free, service provided by someone else (Tumblr) to ensure that there is a migration path away from that service should you want to move to another service OR if the current one goes “pop”.